Sharpie on Our Vinyl Car Console

We have an Explorer and yesterday my 5 year old decided to write on a piece of tissue and the sharpie bled through onto the middle console. It is vinyl and I tried Goof-off, Mr. Clean erasers, and rubbing alcohol with no luck. They lessened the stain, but did not remove it. He also wrote on his shoes stating that this way he can tell his all white shoes from his sister's pink Barbie ones. PLEASE HELP!

Nicole from Boardman, OH

Have you tried fingernail polish remover? I have taken sharpie marker off of appliances using this. try in a small hidden place first and I would just dab at it, maybe use something smaller for the dabbing so you don't get it all over.... Just a thought...

good luck

Denaturized alcohol. At 'W'mart in the tool or paint section...won't 'melt' your vinyl like polish remover will. I use it all the time at work.

Second on the denatured alcohol. Be careful using Goof-Off on vinyl or any plastic. Even though it says it can be used on vinyl, it also says it damages worn vinyl. Also, some plastics feel like vinyl, but aren't. If you get it wrong, like the previous poster said, it'll make the object melt and/or rough & sticky.

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoOctober 28, 2006
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
🎉
🎄