Recycled Toddler's Purse
Plastic purse for a toddler, made from recycled detergent bottle.
Approximate Time: half an hour
- empty colored detergent bottle
- scraps of narrow ribbon
- kitchen shears
- X-acto type knife
- Sketch outline of purse on bottle as shown in diagram 1. Make certain to extend handles so they are long enough to overlap later for tying.
- Cut along sketch lines.
- Fold over lid of purse as shown in diagram 2.
- Cut 2 slits in front of purse to hold closing tab.
- Overlap handles at the top and cut two narrow slits in each end.
- Thread ribbon through slits and tie in bow at top.
- Decorate the lid with scraps from other detergent bottles cut in the shape of a flower and tied on securely with scraps of ribbon threaded through slits and knotted on the inside.
By preserver from Manitoba
Editor's Note: Be sure that your bottle is entirely clean. Do not use any bottles that may contain a chemical residue, for safety.
July 24, 20100 found this helpful
What a great idea! What kind of detergent is it? Dish? Laundry?
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 1, 2016 at 5:31:29 PM on 10.0.1.150 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us