English Muffin Loaf

Makes 2 loaves.

Ingredients

• 5 1/2-6 cups flour
  • 2 Tbsp. (2 envelopes) dry yeast
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • Ad
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • fine cornmeal

Directions

Combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda. Heat liquid to 120-130 degrees F. Add to dry ingredients and beat well. Stir in enough flour to make batter stiff. Grease and sprinkle 2 loaf pans with cornmeal. Form loaves and place in pans. Cover and let rise 45 minutes in a warm place. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I LOVE this stuff ! It is SO good sliced into thick slices and toasted with LOTSA butter ! YUUUUUUUUUUUM !!!

I made this for the first time yesterday and this is a good recipe. I toasted 2 of the slices and had them with butter and strawberry jam for breakfast, toasted 2 more slices to go with lunch, and fried a slice in a pan with butter and cinnamon and glazed them with vanilla frosting for dessert after dinner. Now thats 5 slices of bread in one day. I couldn't stop eating it. Thanks for sharing.

English Muffin Loaf
English Muffin Bread Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts BreadsMay 9, 2008
Grilled Meat Loaf
Grilled Meat Loaf Recipes
English Muffin Pizza Recipes
English Muffin Pizza Recipes
Ham Loaf
Ham Loaf Recipes
🎉
🎄