Repairing Carpet Dents

Can anyone tell me how to get the dent imprints out of the carpet when I move a piece of heavy furniture?

Lynn from VA

Best Answer

I use that SCUNCI steam cleaner. The kind you use for cleaning. I place on the small attachment, steam the carpet, rake through it with my fingers, and no more indent. Works GREAT!!

You can carefully steam it up with an iron or I've also heard you can place an ice cube on it?

Yep, I just googled it, try this link

http://magazines.ivillage.com/goodh ... heloise/qas/0,,284577_291774,00.html

Take a wash cloth and soak it in HOT water, lay it on dent and Iron several times pushing down hard. Remove cloth and hold Iron about an inch above carpet for a couple of minutes. The steam should lift the dent.

Spot Bot works great if you happen to have one. Just set it over the dent. I love my Spotbot!

Put an ice cube on the dent, and leave it overnight.

I think it sometimes depends on the carpet before I moved I was able to use my iron ~ I placed a dish towel over the dent and then my iron and blasted it with steam I then toke a spoon to help fluff up the fibers it looked great! When i moved to my new home which is full of Berber I tried the same thing and it didn't work at all. Even when I had the carpet professional cleaned it didn't help.

Furniture Dents from Carpet
Removing Furniture Dents from Carpet
Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsApril 30, 2007
Lampshade
Repairing Dents in Lampshades
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
🎉
🎄