Holiday Ornament Exchange Party

I am having a holiday party/ornament exchange for my daughter that is turning 13. We will make ginger bread houses and have a projector show a movie. Do you have ideas for party favors or activities that will keep them occupied?

Helga from MN

I was thinking about my child's 11th birthday when they were playing a game where they have a name of an actor or acteress and they asked others yes or no answers to figure out who they were and the 1st person to answer right got a prize it was fun and not childish!

Heidi you have contacted the right person! I know this sounds weird but, I am a young person's party planner! I have just the thing! Have a punch bowl filled with a favorite holiday non-alcoholic drink and have cinnamon and a mint leave in the center. Also make sure to have a list of the guests names so you make sure everyone is there. If you have a pet such as a cat or dog (even a ferret) put a red or plum floppy ribbon around it's neck and take a color or black and white photo of it and then have it on a gold gift bag with a elegant design. Cute, clever & cheep! Another adorable idea is to have chocolate covered fruits. (strawberries, blueberries, bananas or even pineapple!) Also have pomegranates as a decoration and you can eat them at the party or later. What ever you do make sure you know what you are doing before you send out the invites and send all the invites out at one time. Please do not red plastic/velvet Christmas bows everywhere. It can be over powering and very tacky. Instead use small eggplant bows on the glasses and one large bow on the table but, no more bows than half the people. Use a long rectangular table and have a cream or biscuit colored table cloth on it that flows to the floor. Go to google images and put pictures of the Eiffel Tower and other elegant architecture. Then go to Kinkos and have them blown up and printed in black and white. Buy frames and put the pictures in them and after the party keep the frames or return them!

I hope this info helps you and your daughter.

Have a wonderful holiday party!

With Xs & Os,

Miss Victoria W.

Give out lipgloss and mascara for the beautiful guests!

I was thinking that you should give out unique ornament to the holiday guests.

Mabye you could rent a projector from a store a show a very merry Christmas special or video!

Hand out Christmas cookies in a clear red or green bag with a ribbon on it. DELICIOUS!

I was thinking a very long time about this and thought that you should give the guest each a holiday gift such as a necklace, cute knee highs or volumizing mascara.

(waterproff mascara for our drama queens)

wow i think you already have a lot to do. wont the gingerbread houses take about an hour. how about setting some board games out or a big puzzle?

That sounds like such a neat idea! Maybe you could throw in some arts and crafts?

What is a wonderful idea is to give out inexpensive perfums.

I just think it is adorable when people have animals at the party!