Homemade Elevated Dog Feeder

I have always had large dogs, Great Danes, St. Bernards, Great Pyrenees, etc. Many years ago, my husband made each pet a table that was best suited to the height of the animal. He put cross pieces on the bottom so there would be no tipping and cut holes in the top to fit the size of the dish. There is also a shelf on a lower level for storing treats, blankets, etc. My pets have always enjoyed eating from their table(s) and I found it less messy.

By Willi from Calgary, AB, Canada

How did your husband make this? I have a German Shepherd, Lab, Pitbull.

Back in 1969 my husband invented an adjustable dog feeder. It was made from a metal track that was about 3.5 feet long, he made two medal rings by welding metal strips together. They fit inside the tracks and were tightened with wing nuts. It was very easy to raise the rings up or down to adjust the height for a dog who was growing taller. I purchased stainless steel pans to go into the rings. They were a sensation. He sold the patent for it and it can be found in several dog supply catalogs. Oh, and yes, we also had Great Danes.

photo of Dog Dishes
Making Elevated Dog Dishes
Pets DogsOctober 5, 2010
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
Protecting a Hummingbird Feeder from Rain
Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder
Butterfly Feeder
Making a Butterfly Feeder