Contacting People for High School Reunion

We would like to know the best way to notify a ten year span of grads from Bently High School. The big reunion is being planned for August of 2010. Members are all over the U.S. All ideas appreciated.

By mnmswhoa from Burton, MI

Correction, that should be spelled Bentley High School. My mistake, mnmswhoa

facebook or

September 1, 20090 found this helpful or, although facebook is completely free, whereas to get a lot of the features of classmates, you have to pay. Thought you could put a posting on the school's message board about the reunion (I think those are free to post and view).

We are planning our 30th anniversary reunion and have used Google to locate a lot of the people...often finding their work email address.

Also is a good source...if they have an uncommon name you can do a country-wide search.

For people with more common names, it may sound a little weird, but we have used obituaries from our local paper. When family members pass, we look at the obit for where the classmate is now living and then use whitepages. com to search for them there.

Word of mouth between classmates is also very helpful. Often people will keep in contact with old friends and if you find one person, they may keep in contact with 5 others who keep in contact with 5 others and so on.

Good luck! It is a fun and rewarding process!

I have to agree with the poster who said Facebook! It is MUCH better than, either, Classmates OR MySpace. I started on Classmates, and did find a few friends there, but the site's so boring no one stayed. Then, I tried MySpace, but only located one person on there. I had a good friend of mine, then, recommend Facebook, which I knew little about at that time. I joined, and over the course of the next few months... I had found close to 60 (and, still counting) of my classmates! I definitely recommend Facebook. It's fun, too;)

Thanks, a lot of good ideals, one problem is that the girl glassmates change names when they marry making finding them more difficult .Maybe some will see this post in here and pass the word .I will post a contact If the person in charge gives the ok. mnmswhoa,Thanks again, This is the greatest site ,love it.

This class reunion is combining 10 years together, like maybe 2 or 3 thousand people, or more with mates included.

We contacted the high school for a list of graduates. The list included our old addresses and phone numbers. Quite a few numbers were still good as parents had not moved in the 40 years since we graduated high school.

Holidays and Parties Parties High School ReunionAugust 31, 2009
Photo of a large high school and its football field.
High School Activities Ideas
Woman with Gag Gift for Family Reunion
Gag Gifts for Family Reunion
A high school graduate holding a sign that says hire me.
Getting a Job With a High School Diploma
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion