Using Listerine For Toe Fungus

Can someone please tell me that if you use Listerine on your toe fungus - can you reuse the same Listerine again. I soaked in it but it is so expensive to buy, I do not want to keep buying it.

Leila from Australia

Best Answer

Once you use it, it becomes contaminated and shouldn't be used again. Saturate a cotton ball with it and apply thoroughly. Let air dry. Does Listerine really work for this?

Best Answer

My husband uses listerine for his toe nailfungus and is working great. He has a bottle of listerine that he uses ONLY for this purpose. He put a little in a dish and uses a cotton ball to apply. and discards all after each use. (he does save the dish for the next use) He does this morning and evening and is having good results. Hope it works for you.

Best Answer

I used it and it worked I put some on right after I showered everyday with a q tip for weeks I could not seeing paying the price for the med at the store and a friend told me Listerine works and it did.

Another less expensive home remedy for toenail fungus is Vick's Vaporub. Just rub it on and be sure to wear heavy socks to protect carpet and bedding.

my dr. says the vicks does work but it will take time for it to go away.

Tea tree oil works good! google info on tea tree oil. readily available in OZ

We're using hydrogen peroxide & a few drops of tea tree oil mixed together in a small spray bottle as a pre-dental rinse before we brush our teeth. It's helping our peridontal disease (as our gums don't bleed like they did before we started using this mix), it whitens our teeth & toothbrushes & it's shortened our time in the dentist's chair upon dental cleanings. We've only been using this mix that my husband found the recipe online for nearly a year, along with a natural tea tree oil toothpaste. Tea Tree Oil works against infections, so I'd imagine you could use a few sprays of our "pre-dental rinse" on your feet & your problem would cure up soon. You might have to spray it on maybe a few times a year. It's worth a try. Both the tea tree oil & the tea tree oil toothpaste can be found at health food stores. The initial cost is a bit high, but it lasts a long time.

Best, fastest and cheapest remedy? Spritz toenails with vinegar morning and evening (apple cider vinegar or white vinegar will work fine). Toenails take a long time to grow out, so it may be a while but it works like a charm. I kinda' like smelling like a salad! One caveat - after fungus has "disappeared," continue to spritz for the next several months. Some fungi are stubborn and hibernate for a while.

I agree that tea tree oil is great. You can buy it from most supermarkets, but only buy the 100% tea tree oil. The 100% is more expensive but it lasts for ages. It is a great natural disinfectant.

Hi: I have been applying white vinegar to my toenails for a year and a half now. It does work but it is a hassle soaking. So I got like Winner the Pouch and think,, and think.

Well 2 night ago I went to Wal-Mart's and bought a size 10 pair of brown farm rubber boots, pulled out the inserts and poured white vinegar in and slipped in my feet. walla, I can walk around and do things and soak at the same time. Half hour in the morning and evening, Now the fungus will go away. It's a cool idea I think. You can use Listerine or whatever. No messes to. I just fold over the tops and apply a big clip till the next time.

DoubleNickel

Hi there, I'm another one for Sundown Tee Tree Oil the best. Every day after shower, I used a clean q-tip to apply. It took one year for nail to grow out. No more fungus. Thank God

It's the sanitary thing to do.