AdviceHealth & Beauty

Do I Have Dandruff?

I have always had kind of oily hair. I wash it everyday. If I don't wash it everyday I get what feels like little bumps in the back part of my hair but when I scratch them off it's flakes that are stuck to my head. What could be doing this? Is it dandruff or could it just be dry scalp? What could I do about it?

Kristina

You may want to check with a dermatologist it might be psoriasis, or one of several scalp related maladies. I have scalp psoriasis and what you describe is familiar to me with my disease.

Sounds like excema or psoriasis. Ask the pharmacist to recomment a product for this problem.

If you are using conditioner cut back a little on that cause that will make your scalp flake. Otherwise try using a little bit of vinegar too rince your hair with.

IF YOU HAVE OILY HAIR NATURALLY YOUR SCALP IS WHER ITS COMING FROM.DONT USE HOT WATER AND DONT RUB YOUR SCALP ALOT WHEN SHAMPOOING. THAT ONLY MAKES YOUR SCALP PRODUCE MORE OIL.I USE TEPID WATER WET MY HAIR AND THEN I POUR LISTERINE ON MY SCALP.I LET IT STAY ON FOR ABOUT 3 MINUTES LONGER IF NECESSARYI RINSE THEN APPLY SHAMPOO.EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT SO YOU WILL SOON FIND OUT HOW MANY TIMES AND HOW MUCH OF THE MOUTHWASH YOU PERSONALLY NEED.THIS WILL ALSO CLEAN THE SCALP SO GOOD THAT IN SOME CASES HAIR WILL ACTUALLY START TO GROW ON BALD SPOTS. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT.BUT DONT GET THE STUFF IN YOUR EYES BECAUSE IT WILL BE SO FULL OF OIL FROM YOUR SCALP IT WILL TAKE DAYS TO GET OUT OF YOUR EYES.BET YOU CANT GUESS HOW I FOUND THAT OUT...GOOD LUCK

I had the same problem and a friend told me to try the Tree Tea Oil Shampoo and conditinor. Helped my scalp with the first usage. I bought mine at www.aloetherapy.com

It seems you do have dandruff.

I would warm some olive oil and have someone rub it into my head. I would cover my hair with plastic for about 30 minutes before washing it out.

I would find a shampoo that does not dry my scalp--you will have to try some.

I always add some baking soda to my shampoo to keep my scalp clean and soften my hair. I don't measure but just sprinkle some in the bottle and shake.

Yes, it seems that you have dandruff. If I were you, I would eliminate dairy products from my diet for about 1 -2 months. In my experience dandruff is caused my an excess of dairy in the diet. Thus topical treatments will not treat the cause, only the symptom and so will not really help you in the long run. After a while you can gradually bring smaller amounts of dairy into your diet.