Record Player Art

This is a good way to recycle an old record player. It is much like the old spin art toys sold in department stores years ago.

Use a pencil or sharp object to poke a hole in the center of a paper plate. Place the plate on the record player, using the hole to position it on the post of the record player. Turn on the record player, and place the tip of a colored marker, crayon, colored pencil, or brush that has been dipped in paint on the plate allowing the plate to spin underneath. You can vary the pressure, use multiple colors, and change the position to make a more unique and interesting design.

By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC

omg that is a nightmare to me! PLEASE try to freecycle or donate that first!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im NOT the only one i know who loves to play our records! PLEASE DO NOT WASTE A PERFECTLY GOOD RECORD PLAYER LIKE THIS! Those things cost money! Weve just bought our 3rd one which also includes a tape player and cd player - omg SELL it! DO NOT USE IT FOR stuff like this! Havent you heard vinyl is coming back? If you havent look it up online! Just sell it or give it away PLEASE!

Hi. First let me say to Lily that this project doesn't hurt the record player and you don't use the record to do the project. I've done this with my Pre-K class and they loved it! I used the middle of the paper plate ( the unbumpy part!?) and placed a sticker of the Sun in the center.

Then when we placed our "9" different colors on the plate, one at a time of course!( 9 colors for the planets or 8 if you got rid of Pluto...sorry I still call it a planet!) Then made our markers/planet "orbit" around the Sun!

It was a hoot and the kids wanted to do it again and again! Thanks, Laura in Louisiana

Old Record Player
Uses for Old Record Players
Crafts Recycled CraftsApril 10, 2008
Stack of Record Albums
Crafts Using Record Album Sleeves
Making a Recycled Vinyl Record Tablet Holder
CD Player for Audio System
Buying CD Player for Audio System
SanDisk Sansa
Using a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Player