How Do Bugs Get Into Light Covers?

Does anyone know how bugs get into a light globe or cover?

Amy from Warwick, RI

Yes,They travel though the openings in the metal plate that is attached to the ceiling.If you take down the globe you will see openings where the wire come through the ceiling.There will be other openings for screw holes etc.The bugs get into everyones over head lights.I clean my globes once a year or sooner if there is a lot dead bugs..

I always wondered about this! :)

Isn't it disgusting? I have to sweep my front porch every morning before my daycare parents start arriving. What does help is placing a bowl of water on the porch with one drop of dish soap in it. For some reason, the bugs are drawn to it, get in it and drown. But then you have a bowl of dead bugs to empty every morning. The only alternative I have found is to not have the light on, and I don't feel safe that way, so I guess I get to look at dead bugs every morning! Yuck!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Lighting and ElectricJuly 12, 2006
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car