Easy Pan Rolls

This is a quick and easy recipe. I mix them up and let them rise while I am fixing dinner. By the time the rest of my dinner is ready, they are hot out the oven and ready to serve!

• 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 pkg. Rapid Rise Fleishmann's Yeast
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
  • additional 1 - 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

Directions: Combine 3/4 cup flour, yeast, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Heat water, milk, and oil until very warm (120 - 130 degrees F). Add to flour mixture and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Mixing by hand, add just enough of the additional flour, a little at a time, to make a soft dough.

Turn out of bowl onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover with a light towel and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into twelve equal pieces and shape into balls.Place into greased 8 inch pan (square or round). There will be spaces between the rolls. Cover and let rise until doubled in size. Dough will fill in the spaces and rise slightly above the pan. This step should take about 20 minutes.

About 10 minutes after filling your pan, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the rolls until golden brown on the top. This should take about 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan and place topside up on cooling rack. or wrap in a towel until ready to serve. Serve warm.

Optional: If you like, you can brush the tops with butter after you take them from the oven.

Servings: 12 rolls
Time:about 30 minutes Minutes Preparation Time
20-25 minutes Minutes Cooking Time

Source: This recipe came from Fleishmann's Yeast and I made a couple changes for myself. I changed the butter to canola oil, and I also buy my yeast in bulk, so I use just a tad more in my recipe. A package contains 2 2/3 Teaspoons of yeast, and I use 1 Tablespoon. It rises a little faster this way.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

Mmmmm....sounds good! I may have to make these tonight!

These do look awesome! I am always afraid to try making bread/rolls with yeast but this seems easy enough for me.

These look beautiful! I am not the greatest baker in the world but I am willing to give these a try and especially because they have such a lovely presentation! :-)

Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Dinner Rolls Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads RollsApril 14, 2011
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume