Silking Corn On The Cob Quickly

By Brenda 25 63

It's time to harvest and put up your summer veggies! One of the most dreaded tasks is husking and silking corn on the cob. I have a suggestion to make that chore a real breeze! You can silk a single ear of corn in 30 seconds by using an air compressor.

Shuck the corn, pass it off to your helper who has the air compressor nozzle in hand, and simply blow the silks away. I timed my son this weekend, and the longest it took was 45 seconds. The ears came to me clean as a whistle!

By Brenda from Greenville, AL

Showing: Comments Sort

By Elaine S. 39 243 Flag

That would be good if I had an air compressor, not many households have them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Maryeileen 76 1,143 Flag

Luckily a lot of stores and farmers' markets around where I live have boxes, etc. near the corn which allows you to shuck and de-silk the corn right there, leaving the mess at the store!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Brenda Norrish 1 61 Flag

Here is a link to the best way I have seen to cook and de-silk corn cobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMkGDa184M&feature=share

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Shucking Corn
Shucking Corn on the Cob
Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesJuly 28, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave
Shucking Corn
Shucking Corn on the Cob
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 12:52:51 PM on 10.0.1.26 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings