Give Ant Baits Time To Work

Ants! If this is Texas, you've got 'em. Well, they've moved indoors (got tired of being chased 'round the yard, I suppose). I purchased ant baits in little plastic squares and those pesky little bugs just detoured. Left the traps in place anyway. After a day, the ants must have decided it's just part of the landscape, because now they are entering and I hope, exiting with a mouthful of the bait.

Highly recommended, but out of stock, were bottles with a gel that you drip onto a piece of paper and park near the ant trail, so I bought the plastic squares. The moral of this story is: give it a chance.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Top Comment

You can use white vinegar mixed with water and spray it on the walls, counter tops, around baseboards, plug ins, anywhere you see them coming in. Just mix two parts white vinegar to one part water in a spray bottle. Do NOT wipe off, allow to air dry. Also it can be sprayed directly on the ants, too. Also if you keep all the trees, limbs, etc away from roof then they can't climb up the trees and onto the house. I got this hint from an exterminator years ago and it works. I do NOT buy those "ant traps" because this is natural and frugal which is also much safer for the environment. I also live in Texas and have used this method for years and have NO ants in my home ever. Good luck, hope this helps you too.

I sprayed around my foundation with a mix of Lemon Joy dish detergent and water. Unfortunately, ants were on the house side of the barrier it makes and wouldn't cross it to get out. Ovitrol Plus Flea Spray for dogs & cats worked like a charm-sprayed all pipes in the house and the bathroom floors [98% of ants were there] and by the next day, I had 6 live ants and a dustpan full of dead ones. I have 4 little dogs and this wouldn't hurt them if they licked it from the floor.

That small bottle of blue liquid works, and kills the queen, so that the whole colony dies out leaving only dust. I've used that for 15 years! It's the best that I've found, too, if the ants you have like sugar water. Some don't like the blue sugar

water that well, but those who do are all gone.I don't want to just kill ants, I'm after the MAMA! lol

God bless you. : )

Ant Trap
Using Ant Bait
Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJune 15, 2007
Ant Repellent
Ant Repellent Reviews
Using Terro Ant Bait
Using Terro Ant Bait
ants eating bait
Homemade Ant Bait Recipes
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes