Purse Organizer for Switching Purses

I have a tote handbag (large) which I like to use everyday. My children gave me a lovely Dooney Bourke handbag that I like to use when I dress up. The Donney Bourke bag has a zipper down the middle, and is very narrow, while the tote is one big space.

Does anyone have an idea of a purse organizer that would work for me to transfer "essential" items between these two purses and do it quickly? Any recommendations for ready-made ones that are already out there? Or for a pattern for something simple to make?

By Wondernana from Clovis, CA

You might use a zippered makeup bag to hold your essentials. Sometimes you can get them free with certain cosmetic purchases, or you could also watch garage sales or thrift stores.

In the archives, I posted a pic of one I made. I used fairly heavy material but the I also used heavy interfacing. They work great but one thing I would suggest is that you make one out of a contrasting fabric to your lining because otherwise you cannot see where you are putting things. This one does not connect at the ends so I can use it in any size purse. To make, just double the height you want, add seam allowances. After you turn it right side out, sew the different size pockets in it.

Mische purses has an insert that you just transfer from purse to purse. I don't know what size purses it requires but they have some fairly big purses & it trfs from each one so:

an insert for purses by Mische: http://www.michebag.com/product/acc ... ries/purse-organizer#purse-organizer

The link above was temp. unavailable when I went there but you may have luck. A fund raiser bingo I went to on Sun., Jan. 31, 2010 had them as a vendor so I know whereof I am speaking. The purses themselves aren't cheap but expensive is relative, I know.

Another purse insert is sold on the Kim Komando store online for $9.95:

http://store.komando.com/p-675-purse-organizer.aspx

January 27, 2010 Flag

Purse Organizer For Switching Purses
Purse Organizer For Switching Purses
This is a purse organizer that you can remove from your purse and insert it into another. It just forms in a circle inside your purse laying against the inside perimeter. Makes it very handy so that you don't have to remove articles from purse one by one.

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, IA

Answers:

Purse Organizer for Switching Purses

I Googled it and found some nice websites that offer the variety of sizes.
Also, Better Homes and Garden has instructions on how make make one of your own.
This is a great idea. Thank you for sharing that with us. (01/30/2009)

By lrrn567

Purse Organizer for Switching Purses

This website will give you instructions on how to make it.

lauraearnest.com (02/03/2009)

By Clara711

Organizing MiscellaneousJanuary 27, 2010
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
Pink Purse on White Background
Repairing Purses
Homemade Jewelry Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer
🎄