Warning: Sugar Damaged Glass Top Stove

This is a warning for anyone that has a glass ceramic cook stove. If you cook anything with a lot of sugar in it and it boils over onto your stove, get it off IMMEDIATELY or the food will eat into the glass top. This happened to me last Christmas when I boiled over fudge. I got most of it off, but before I could get it all off, it ruined the stove. It now has permanent marks on the top and the stove is not that old.

By laniegirl from IA

I know this is an obvious question, but did you trying scraping it with a razor blade? My stove top has had a few boil overs (Once when caramelizing sugar!) but after it cooled it came right up with a good scraping (My stove came with a scraper) and a good polish.

Glass Top Stove
Removing Burnt Food Stains on a Glass Top Stove
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 17, 2016 at 10:05:56 PM on in 813 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.