How Much Should My Lab Weight?

I have three dogs, two labradors and a collie spaniel cross. Two are normal weight but the middle labrador is 66kgs which I think is too big. She is quite a muscle bound dog but has no interest in exercise other than gentle walks. Can someone recommend her ideal weight and what and how often I should feed her to get her down to an acceptable level as I have found conflicting advice on all the sites i have been to.

Mags from Swansea South Wales

It is not possible to simply state an ideal weight as there is a range for each breed, and some individuals are small or large for their breed. A vet could give you an idea of whether yours are a good weight as well as advice on a good feeding plan. Here is one site with pictures of dogs at under-, average, and over-weight. ... df#search=%22ideal%20dog%20weight%22

When in doubt, ask your vet. As a rule of thumb, you should just be able to feel your dogs ribs when you hold her around the ribcage, but they should not protrude or be visible when looking at her.

Pets Dogs AdviceAugust 17, 2006
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Old Chemistry Equipment
Uses for Old Chemistry Equipment
Yogurt Bread Dough
Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers