Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer

We have now joined the ranks of people with the dreaded problem of removing melted crayon from the clothes dryer. After my brief crying spell, we were able to devise a removal plan based on other people's suggestions on ThriftyFun.

Here are the steps we used to remove the crayon:

• Run the dryer for 15 minutes to heat up the crayon.

• Sprinkle Comet on a wet sponge and gently rub the crayon spots. (Rubbing to hard will damage the enamel coating!)

• A toothbrush dipping into a comet and water paste worked well for the cracks and crevices. (It is important to clean the crevices so that crayon wax doesn't seep out when running future loads of laundry!)

• Once you have removed the crayon with the Comet use a damp rag to wipe out the Comet and crayon residue.

• If there is still crayon left after doing this, run the dryer again for 15 minutes and repeat the above cleaning process until all the wax has been removed...DO NOT run the dryer with any cleaner still inside!

• Finally, to "test" whether it is completely clean, run a few clean white rags through a drying cycle and inspect them for crayon marks! If there aren't any you loads of good clothes should be safe!

I have included some before and after pictures of my dryer...to give you the hope and encouragement you might need to tackle your disaster! Good Luck!

Laurel and Lewis from Port Orchard

I've had this happen to me today with orange and blue crayon I had no idea how to clean it but I tried it with Comet and a sponge and thank you, it worked perfect! Happy mommy :)

Hi I am very happy to learn about this piece of information how do I remove a burgundy sparkly crayola crayon stain out of my dryer? You see my 2 and a half year old daughter put it in my laundry and it only stained up my dryer my question is how do I remove it without damaging my dryer I live in a apartment complex and I don't want to have to pay for it and I don't like comet and do you think I can use dawn on it or something all natural I don't like chemicals

Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
Making Crayon Rolls
Making Crayon Rolls
Crayon marks on a wall.
Removing Crayon From Walls
🎄
🍂