Look For Free Legal Services In Your Area

Don't stay in an unhappy marriage because you can't afford a lawyer! Look in the phone book, call your local court house, or look on the internet (yellowpages.com is a good site) I found out through a friend that there is a free Legal Service in the county where I live. You do have to qualify financially, and there is A LOT or paperwork involved. For example, if you are a separated stay at home mom, they only count the income you use to support your household. If I had known this sooner, my life would have been very different.

By Kim from Howell, NJ

Thanks for sharing this info. So many people are not aware of help that is available.

I also recommend the series of Nolo Press self-help law books very highly!! They are written in easy-to-understand language and explain everything step by step - And in the case of divorce, you could check out the paralegal services out there that will file the documents for you - much less expensive than a lawyer!

This is a good hint, and I'd like to add that some jurisdictions will waive the cost of filing fees, based on income. So make sure you call the courthouse, to ask about the fees and whether or not you can do a payment plan, or waive them entirely.

Better LivingSeptember 26, 2007
Free Auto Services
Using Free Auto Services
Contesting a Will
Contesting a Will
Estranged Parent
Legal Responsibility for Aging Estranged Parents
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🎄
🍂