FloorsCleaning

Electric Buffer That Can be Used on Laminate Floor

I have Armstrong laminate flooring. The only product recommended by the manufacturer is Orange-Glo Hardwood cleaner, to be used with the accompanying micro-fiber mop. Even when a small amount is used, I get so much drag with the mop, that this job is incredibly labor-intensive for me. Compounded by the fact that I have significant arthritis issues, I dread cleaning my floors.

I have shopped online and in stores for some sort of electric buffer that I could possibly use to shine my floors, but without success. I considered a floor-cleaning Roomba, but that can't, or shouldn't be used on laminates. In looking at other hints posted for laminates. Frequently I see where water is used in conjunction with some product. Armstrong's warranty is void if water is used on the floor in any way. I would just like to be able to use an electrical buffer to apply Orange-Glo and shine the floor. Does anyone know of such an appliance; preferably no more than $200?

Karen from Louisa , VA

I have had laminate flooring for years. I only clean mine with a wet Swiffer. You can use a Roomba,they are great. Why are you putting anything else on your floor?

Oreck makes a light buffer for flooring. It works great but is kind of expensive. They are around $500.00, but they are worth it. They have many more uses. You should check it out. It's best to go to a store if you have one near you, that way u can have them demonstrate it. Plus u can talk to them about finding a refurbished one.

Hey I just bought a bissell steam mop its great no chemicles just water and its steams the floor clean. I then lightly mist a bit of mopnglow and dry with a micro fiber dry cloth. My floors have never looked better I am much happier now :)