Dog With a UTI

My dog has a UTI. How can I treat it?

Susan from Gastonia, NC

If you've ever had an UTI you know how much PAIN they cause you. I've gone out in the middle of the night with pj's on under a jacket to get AZO standard to help take away the pain. If it's a good sized dog I would slip her one of those (check the safety first) then get the poor thing to the vet first thing tomorrow morning. An UTI is NOT something that should wait till Monday, not to mention your poor poochy will be in a lot of pain till then.

However, I am not a dog person, so maybe there is something that can help them. But please make sure they get to the vet soon, it's no fun.

The vet should have prescribed antibiotic when the dog was diagnosed. If the medication hasn't worked, I'd go back to the vet!

it's a bacterial infection. you need to go to a vet and get an antibiotic. left untreated it will progress to the kidneys and cause kidney failure and death. ask your local humane society for a referral to an inexpensive vet or one that will allow you to do a payment plan. it should be very quick and easy to fix. probably cheap too. remember to ask for a generic prescription.l

It is safe to give dogs and cats vitamin C as well as cranberry pills. I have a kitty who is prone to UTIs and i give him a capsule of cranberry in a small amount of milk as he won't eat the pill. and this does the trick each and every time

PLEASE take your doggie to the dr. a.s.a.p. this is nothing to play around with,can cause all kind of problems.. Will your dog drink cranberry juice? One of the best things for UTI, they use it in hospitals to clean catheraters also.

You can't be sure it's a bacterial infection without a culture, so this is something for your vet to handle- and the quicker the better. I agree that, if this is really a UTI, it's very painful and your vet should prescribe an antibiotic to clear up the bacterial infection plus something to treat the cat's discomfort.

Pets Dogs HealthMarch 16, 2007
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
🎄