Alcohol - A Wonder for Cleaning

Rubbing alcohol (70% isopropyl alcohol) is very inexpensive to use. In our market you get two 16 ounce bottles for $.99. I use rubbing alcohol to clean up in the kitchen. It makes stainless steel shine and gives it a nice fresh smell. It is good for quick cleanup and works well when added to soap and water to clean floors.

It is wonderful to refresh a sponge or dishrag. Place the sponge or rag in a small bowl and pour alcohol over it. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and they will be clean and sweet smelling again.

The same method can be used to refresh string mops. Place damp mop in a bucket and pour alcohol over to nearly cover. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, wring out and dry. For complete cleaning, wash rag mop in washing machine and dry. Spray with alcohol before using again.

By June

We keep alcohol in sprayer bottles or just add a sprayer to the alcohol. It is good for cleaning & for injuries. Now if we could just take the sting out of it.

I also have some of the green alcohol with the wintergreen scent. Sometimes I just spray it on a paper towel & wave it around. Thanks for the reminder,I love to do this when my sinuses are bad as they are now.

I use mouthwash the same way.

I put alcohol in a spray bottle and use it for nearly all my cleaning needs. It is wonderful as a glass cleaner, monitor cleaner. etc. Disinfects nicely in the kitchen and bath. As for soaking mops though, I find it cheaper to use oxiclean that I get at the dollar tore.

My Grandmother used to wipe out the fridge with Vanilla Extract which is 30 percent alcohol. It is a little too expensive for me so I tried the cheap Walmart rubbing alcohol and it took away the odors better then a box of baking soda! I keep a small spray bottle of alcohol in the kitchen for the fridge and also the trash can lid and the microwave or anything else with food related bad odors.

Cleaning With Alcohol
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesOctober 5, 2004
Isopropyl Alcohol
Isopropyl Alcohol Stain on Wood Furniture
Champagne glasses at a wedding.
Serving Alcohol at a Wedding
can of denatured alcohol and terrycloth rag
Cleaning with Denatured Alcohol
A bottle of rubbing alcohol.
Fixing Rubbing Alcohol Stains on Wood
🎉
🎄