Stone and Grass Decoration
This natural and artistic piece is a great way to add some dimension and class to a room. The round stone base and graceful grass top create a unique planter looking decoration.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- Styrofoam ball - 8 inch
- candle stub or paraffin
- serrated knife
- brown acrylic paint (Styrofoam safe)
- low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- polished accent stones (small, varied colors)
- faux grass on stem (tall)
- faux grass and cattails on stem (tall)
- Wax serrated end of knife. Cut 1 inch off the bottom of the ball so it stands flat on a table.
- Paint entire ball with an even layer of the brown paint and let dry.
- Push plants into middle top of the ball. Remove the plants from the ball. The hole to place the plants in is now made, and should not be covered with stones.
- Use glue gun to glue stones to painted ball. Press stones into Styrofoam as you glue them. Keep the stones close together, using the different shaped stones to fill in the empty spots or odd shapes. Cover the ball with stones everywhere except the plant hole. Let dry.
- Push grass into hole, pushing the stem in completely. Push cattails into ball, in front of the tall grass, pushing the stem in completely.
By Aysha from Boise, Idaho
September 3, 20090 found this helpful
That's pretty cool! Neat idea! I like that and will be trying it. I am also going to try this with sea shells (smaller) to go with a sea shore type decor. Thanks for posting this.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 12:01:45 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us