Ice Cream Cone Ornaments

Quick, easy, and fun for children to make.

• cones (ice cream cones)
  • solid colored Christmas ball ornaments
  • small white pom-pom's
  • Ad
  • clear fishing line or string
  • glue (white - like Elmer's - is fine)

Glue the ornament to the mouth of the cone.

Cut about an 9 inch piece of fishing line or string and knot the two ends together (mom or dad may have to help with this).

Glue the pom pom to the top of the ornament with the knot of the line/string underneath the pom pom.

Voila! A brilliantly colored ice cream cone ornament for your tree! A tree decorated entirely with and nothing but the ornaments (and maybe some beads draped around the tree) is really cute.

By Susan from Birmingham, AL

Cute idea! These sound like fun to make and would be easy for little ones too. This would be a great gift for kids to make for parents or teacher gifts. Thanks for sharing!

Cute idea for kids!

My daughter brought one of these home from kindergarten last year and we are doing our whole tree in strawberry and vanilla this year. We found a bunch of pink and white satin balls at a garage sale last summer. Very inexpensive and beautiful.

Another idea came to mind when reading this. You could make a cute Santa ornament using the same materials. You could paint the cone red (sugar cone style). Thread the line through the cone bottom and place the white pom pom on that end for the tip of santa's hat. Put a face on the ornament you glue to the other end of the cone, or use another less expensive ball shape if you want. Thanks for the idea!

I made something similar last year. I like the pompom idea, though, too! My variation was to drizzle white acrylic paint over the balls, then drop some tiny glass beads over the white paint. To protect the ornament (I think it's more protection for the life of the cone because I know the balls can still break), lightly spray a couple coats of acrylic to seal it. To hang, I tied a ribbon through the ornament's top.

Great idea for all kidos!

Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Crafts Christmas OrnamentsDecember 9, 2008
Pretzel Christmas Ornament
Making a Pretzel Christmas Ornament
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
red painted sled with cross member and ribbon pull tied on
Making a Popsicle Stick Wooden Sled Ornament
Ice Cream Cone
Ice Cream Cone Tips