BeveragesFood Tips

Product Review: Powerade Zero

Product: Powerade Zero

Model: 49000-05071

Manufacturer: Coca-Cola Co.

Cost: sells for less than $1 per bottle and less with coupons!!

There is a beverage out on the market now, similar to Gatorade or regular Powerade (which are both full of sugar), it's called "Powerade Zero". Anyone not wanting all those sugars, can drink, even diabetics as it has Splenda in it. It comes in a 32 oz. bottle and can be purchased as single bottles or in multipacks. They have it in grape, strawberry, berry. Powerade Zero also has the potassium in it, that our bodies need. I keep a few bottles of this on hand, for the muscle spasms and leg cramps, one of my diabetes pills causes me to have.

By Terri from NV

I am just commenting on your statement about having leg cramps. I was having leg cramps & strong spasms really bad, and my blood sugar was very high. The diabetic meds wouldn't bring it down. As the blood sugar got higher (& the cramps got worse and worse), I was even more careful to use Splenda instead of sugar.

It finally occurred to me that the leg cramps actually had started shortly after I started using Splenda in everything instead of sugar. Stopped using Splenda and within less than two days, no muscle cramps and my blood sugar went back down to normal, never had the leg cramps and spasms again.

This might never happen to anyone else, might just be a weird reaction I had to Splenda, but when Splenda users on diabetic meds mention having leg cramps, I mention it just in case. I know everyone says Splenda is safe, but for a few of us, it isn't.