Boo Boo Bear (Great Pyrenees - Komondor)

Boo Boo Bear is 2 years old in this picture, she is a Great Pyrenees and Komondor cross. She was born on our place. Because of her personality, she got to stay here instead of going on to another job elsewhere. She is a working dog.

She loves playing with her pasture mates and brother at our farm outside of California. She loves playing with the baby goats and her brother and they have a great time, playing chase, king of the wood pile and round out the day sleeping all in a pile in the barn together.

Boo Boo Bear is what is called a Livestock Guardian Dog (LGD) which is a dog bred to work, live, and protect herds of livestock. This is her "Bad Hair Day" She works as a dual purpose angel as she is also my farm service dog. She gets to spend time inside with me learning that job and then she gets to go outside to learn the LGD part of her job. She is learning two jobs because I can not take another dog into the pasture with the rest of the guys, but she is well accepted as both a LGD and a service dog.

By AJ

Is that an eye showing through?! Great shot, even for a bad hair day!

I love dogs and you're definitely right about the bad hair day. I was wondering what a Farm Service Dog does? The mixing of the two breeds made perfect sense to me. After my last show dog died I wondered what would be the perfect mix breed and I came up with the brains of the Labrador and protectiveness of the Rottweiler and my Parker was everything I thought he should be and then some. He lived to be almost 11 and weighed a solid 135 pounds. He is greatly missed and one day while crying about him I came up with one sentence that described him perfectly and in that sentence I said, "For almost 11 years I had Parker to love and watch over me".

Your dog looks great, I hope you win.

Komondor
Great Pyrenees/Komondor Mix Photos
Photos Pets DogsOctober 28, 2010
Summer Hyacinth
Growing Summer Hyacinth
patchwork teddy bear
Making a Keepsake Teddy Bear
Great Pyrenees
Great Pyrenees Breed Information and Photos
felt Teddy bear holding Dum Dum
Making a Felt Teddy Bear
🎄