FlooringHome Improvement

Restoring Heart Pine Flooring

I am restoring a rear porch on a 100-year-old home that had painted heart pine tongue-in-groove flooring. To repair beam rot, part of the floor has been replaced with 3/4 PT plywood.

What type of leveling compound should I use to eliminate joint discrepancies and to maintain a drainage slope between the old floor and the PT plywood?

I will use cypress tongue-in-groove planks for the new floor. Should I use wood glue before I screw or nail these in place?

What is the best way to seal the joints and ends to minimize seepage from water exposure, stain and seal or Seal and paint?

If paint, what type is most durable, repaintable, and compatible with the sealer, e.g., Thompson's Water Sealer and epoxy paint or sealer and exterior enamel?

Ken from Newberry, Florida