Having Someone Cremated in TX

Does anyone know the steps to take when someone dies in Texas and the body is to be cremated? Does a funeral home have to be involved in the process? I have a close relative who is to be cremated and I want to be prepared because cost is an issue.

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Joan 13 1,482 12/15/2009

You would almost have to contact a funeral home for this information. You should be able to do this anonymously. Unless you know where there is a crematory and it's name, I would think a funeral home would have to be involved. Now that I think about that would almost have to be the case anyway, for transportation of the body, unless you plan on doing that.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Michele 18 64 12/18/2009

When my dad died we had him cremated. Call the funeral home and ask about prices. This is part of the business. When dad died my mom called 3 different funeral homes to get prices. They we all different by thousands of dollars.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Stephanie 4 21 12/18/2009

When My Grandpa died my parents transported the body and that saved them a bunch. They had a van so it was easy to do. Different states can have different laws on body transport.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Joan 13 1,482 12/19/2009

I knew a young couple that transported their infants body in their car, from what I was told the wife had the body in her arms for about 300 miles.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No