Having Someone Cremated in TX

Does anyone know the steps to take when someone dies in Texas and the body is to be cremated? Does a funeral home have to be involved in the process? I have a close relative who is to be cremated and I want to be prepared because cost is an issue.

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You would almost have to contact a funeral home for this information. You should be able to do this anonymously. Unless you know where there is a crematory and it's name, I would think a funeral home would have to be involved. Now that I think about that would almost have to be the case anyway, for transportation of the body, unless you plan on doing that.

When my dad died we had him cremated. Call the funeral home and ask about prices. This is part of the business. When dad died my mom called 3 different funeral homes to get prices. They we all different by thousands of dollars.

When My Grandpa died my parents transported the body and that saved them a bunch. They had a van so it was easy to do. Different states can have different laws on body transport.

I knew a young couple that transported their infants body in their car, from what I was told the wife had the body in her arms for about 300 miles.

Answer

Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 15, 2009
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
eating a burger
Helping Someone Who is Choking
Furniture Being Sold at Estate Sale
Having an Estate Sale
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:29:39 PM on 10.0.1.131 in 935 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.