Repurposing a Cabinet for Storage

I've been organizing and reusing items as much as possible. I have a laminated white cabinet made of particle board with holes drilled along the inside for shelves but the shelf pins I have didn't seem to work. I went looking for some slightly smaller and couldn't find any and I didn't want to chance trying to make the holes larger. So I found some metal screws just the right size and was able to put a shelf in it. This holds my daughters cake decorating supplies nicely. I love figuring out unique solutions for problems (I raised 9 children and it was absolutely necessary).

By Pat from Phoenix, AZ

This sounds like something that I could use, by chance do you have a picture of it to post?

Screws were a good idea. However, you could also go to a craft or hardware store and find wooden dowels that you could cut to whatever length you needed. These stores usually carry a good variety of dowel sizes from the smallest diameter to larger ones. They are relatively inexpensive and one would probably make 6 or 8 "pegs" what you need to put into those shelf holes you need. I have a cabinet like you mentioned and it worked for me when I lost one of the shelf pegs for my cabinet.

Sounds like an idea I would use have you a photo of this because I am not very good at imagining ideas. Many thanks, Helen