Repurposing a Cabinet for Storage

I've been organizing and reusing items as much as possible. I have a laminated white cabinet made of particle board with holes drilled along the inside for shelves but the shelf pins I have didn't seem to work. I went looking for some slightly smaller and couldn't find any and I didn't want to chance trying to make the holes larger. So I found some metal screws just the right size and was able to put a shelf in it. This holds my daughters cake decorating supplies nicely. I love figuring out unique solutions for problems (I raised 9 children and it was absolutely necessary).

By Pat from Phoenix, AZ

This sounds like something that I could use, by chance do you have a picture of it to post?

Screws were a good idea. However, you could also go to a craft or hardware store and find wooden dowels that you could cut to whatever length you needed. These stores usually carry a good variety of dowel sizes from the smallest diameter to larger ones. They are relatively inexpensive and one would probably make 6 or 8 "pegs" what you need to put into those shelf holes you need. I have a cabinet like you mentioned and it worked for me when I lost one of the shelf pegs for my cabinet.

Sounds like an idea I would use have you a photo of this because I am not very good at imagining ideas. Many thanks, Helen

Photo of organized kitchen cabinets.
Organizing Your Home
Organizing TipsMarch 17, 2008
ThriftyFun
Using ThriftyFun
Rocks inside two mason jars.
Cheap Storage Solutions
Box of Ziploc bags.
Organizing With Ziplock Bags
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
🎄