Clothing WashersAppliances

Front Loader Bangs During Spin Cycle

I have a 5.5 yr old Kenmore front load washer that is banging when it spins. I have checked the shocks and fear it is the bearings. Anyone out there who repairs these things that can give me advise how to fix it? I can't afford to call the Sears man and would like to fix it myself if possible. I have the back off, but looks like the tub is going to be a tough removal. Thanks.

By Sherry from KS

It sounds like your machine is out of balance. Put your machine back in it's normal spot in your laundry room.

Stand in front of your machine and with both hands at the top back (the highest part where the dials are located) of the machine lift the back towards you at least 2 inches off the floor. If you are doing this properly the entire back of the machine should be off the floor. Then drop it. Do not lay it down gently. Actually drop it on the floor. This is how you balance a washing machine.

Check on Youtube. You can find out how to fix just about anything with step by step instructions!

Thank you both for information. I never thought of YouTube even though I go there for other info! :-0

Wow...drop a machine. I have hit it but not dropped it. I will try anything. The banging is getting worse and driving me insane. I have just been waiting for its death. My sister has an old top load washer she gave me but I haven't used yet. I told her she may want to hang on to it in case her new front load goes bad. She was smart. She didn't buy a Kenmore!