GardenPhotos

Garden: Queen of the Night

This flower is a strange and beautiful flower it only blooms once a year usually in August but it blooms up in the morning hours around 2 or 3 am and only stays open a short time then closes forever until another year passes. It is also known as Christ in the Manger

It's fragrance is strong and should be bottled and sold for air freshener. Hope you enjoy this photo. I have several others if anyone would like to see them. Oh and this plant is about 18 years old.

By Richie

Garden: Queen of the Night

Hi, beautiful flower! Is it possible to buy this plant anymore? I buy some older plants from one internet site but had never heard of this one.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Hi, glad you like it. I am not sure if you can find it I have never seen one for sale at a nursery. I can mail you one I think it will hold up. I just break them off and give them to friends. They are in the succulent family, should hold up in the mail, really, I think it will hold up. Glad you liked it. It grows pretty quick and is real easy to take care of. Just let me know I'm sure there is a way to get one to you. I got mine from my Mom who got it from a friend, and now I'm the only one with one. Vote for me, thanks, Richie.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Love it.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Love your plant! I voted for you. I would also like to try to grow your plant. Would it grow in southern TX? I would be glad to pay for the postage. I have two different types of Angel Trumpets and they also only bloom at night. They are very fragrant too.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes