Clothing StainsCleaning

Dye Transfer on Football Uniform

I accidentally washed my son's white football uniform with his maroon one and of course the white one now has a pink tint to it. The sleeves on the white one are black and maroon so is there any way I can get the white part back to white without messing with the sleeves and their color? I have tried color safe bleach but it has only taken the pink brightness away but the pink is still there.

By barnesrenee2002 from Spanaway, WA

I was at JoAnn Fabrics the other day and saw that they still sell a color/dye remover thing ( by Shout or RIT, I can't remember) and possibly they sell it at WalMart too, I don't know. It's worth a shot.

I have used the dye remover by RIT, it works great. I found it at one of the local grocery stores. I will admit it was not easy to find, but well worth the search.

I know someone already mentioned this, but I was at JoAnn Fabrics today and noticed that they have several different dye transfer removers. It's worth a try. I remember washing those dirty football uniforms. It took a lot of elbow grease, especially after a game in the rain! Ugh!