Can People Transmit the Parvo Virus?

Can my dogs get parvo off my girlfriend? Her dog has parvo. If so, what home remedy can I use now to eliminate it?

By Marcia from Foresthill, CA

Answers

This is a really good link with a lot of information on parvo:

http://www.work  #parvo_treatment

People can spread it basically by tracking it into your house or yard on their shoes--it's transmitted through the infected dog's feces. Your dogs shouldn't be around hers--or in her home or yard until her dog gets the all-clear from a vet and she has thoroughly cleaned ( basically everything her dog, your friend and any of her family members has walked on--the house, the yard, interior of vehicles--read the info from the link and you'll get a better idea).

This link and a few others recommend cleaning with bleach, even dousing the grass in the yard. The grass will die, but better dead grass than the 50-50 chance of a parvo-infected dog dying.

If it were me and I was concerned about my dog having contracted parvo, she'd be off to the vet for a test; there's no cure for parvo, and the best that can be done is basically to have the dog on IV fluids while the virus runs its course. I'm no doctor, and personally would not want to do a home remedy for this--think treatment is best left in a vet's hands.