Chinese Coca Cola Meat

This recipe calls for only four ingredients.

• 2 cups of coca-cola
  • 1 cup of soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp of minced garlic
  • 1-2 pounds of meat*
  • Ad
  • Optional: Add red chili peppers to make it spicy

*Not ground meat or poultry, preferably ribs or pork shoulder. Some real meat with some fat and some bone. For Chicken Lovers: please read the Option below.

Of course I will use a pressure cooker for this. If cooking conventionally, it will take about an hour. The cola really tenderizes the meat for you.

Put the meat into the pressure cooker and add the liquid ingredients. They may not cover the meat completely, but in my pressure cooker that does not matter. The liquids should cover at least half way. Pressure cook for 15 minutes. The meat will be ready to fall off the bone. It would be better to let it set for a few minutes before serving.

If you insist on a sauce just add equal parts of corn starch and water to the hot marinade and serve with the meat.

Option For Chicken Lovers: Do the same with chicken thighs, but brown them first. Cut some potatoes into about pieces that fit into the palm of your hand. Cook these with your chicken. Don't forget to add the garlic. Pour on the liquids. Let the liquids come to a gentle boil. Cook for about fifteen minutes in a covered pan.

Why do I know this works? My friends from China and Korea like it very much and they thought I had slaved over the stove all day. I rather did not want to tell them my secret, because I did not want them to think I just did something off the top of my head for my important guests; but then they wanted the recipe and one of the ladies insisted that her husband buy a pressure cooker. It seems she had cooked with one as a child

By Tim from Science Hill, Ky

I like Chinese food, especially the white meat chicken in a white sauce. Please let me know how to adapt your

coke marinade for this. The white meat chicken in the Chinese restaurants is always very tender. They say they do not use MSG. It's a puzzle. Appreciate your response

Coca Cola
Recipes Using Coca Cola
Food and Recipes Recipes MeatsMarch 11, 2009
Coca Cola
Uses for Coca Cola
Cherry Cola
Making Cherry Cola
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
Cherry Cola Salad Recipes