Organizing: Find A Place For Everything

The best tip is one you have heard a million times ... A place for everything, and everything in it's place.

This really works if you make sure you find a spot in your home for anything and everything you will not have clutter - that is if you put it away. Typically I repeat this in my head like a mantra as I put things away. When I move somewhere new, I have made this my purpose while unpacking this way I start fresh. I then will redo things hundreds of times over the years to make it suit new things. Seems simple and normal but if you live by it, it works!

By Gina from Collegeville, POA

Hi I am handicapped and this works great for me. When I have to ask someone to get something I can say pantry left second shelf from top. It works thanks for posting this.

Greetings, All TF Readers,

I have trouble figuring out where everything is supposed to go. I understand what things go in general areas, like bathroom, kitchen, living room, but I don't know where all sorts of other things go. I stand around with some thing in my hand, wander around a while, then just set it on any horizontal surface. Will someone come show me where to put everything?

Photo of organized kitchen cabinets.
Organizing Your Home
Organizing AdviceAugust 20, 2008
Various art supplies in a pile.
Organizing Kids Art Supplies
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas
gift box
Gift Ideas for Someone That Has Everything