Large Clematis

I just wanted to share this photo of the clematis that is growing in my yard, they are the size of small plates! They are so pretty this year. Enjoy

By Tracy from MI

That's the exact same color I have, if it would bloom. Last year it got big and bushy, but had only a couple of blooms. Can you give any advice on what you do to have it burst out with blooms?

Thanks

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Those are beautiful flowers, and spectacular photography! Thanks for sharing with us. God bless you!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Yikes! They're huge! And gorgeous. Nothing radioactive in the compost pile, I hope.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

How do you get them to grow. Mine have been the same two foot tall, no blooms, for YEARS. They get semi-shade, afternoon sun only, planted near a Crepe Myrtle. That flower is one of my favorites if I could just learn what it take to entice it to take off. I know it has something to do with staking. But what do you FEED IT, and WHEN? Also, do you think I should try to transplant it. although it's at the base of a fence post I wanted to train it to?

: (

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Purple Clematis
Growing Clematis
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJune 8, 2007
Purple Clematis growing on a lattice fence
Growing Clematis From Cuttings
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Large Purple Clematis Flower
Pruning a Clematis
Clematis
Clematis Not Blooming
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 7:14:18 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.