Protecting Hardwood Floor from Cat Pee

Is there something I can put under a rug to keep cat pee from getting on the hardwood floor? When I have gone on vacations, my cats pee on the rugs, beds or what ever they find that is fabric. Their way of saying they don't like me leaving. I was hoping someone might know what I can put under the rugs to prevent cat pee from going on my hardwood floor.

Stacy from Simi Valley, CA

Actually spraying vinegar on the things you do NOT want them to go on works wonders. They can still smell it long after it has dried and will avoid the area. It also works on dogs as well. Plus it neutralizes the odors of previous accidents in that spot.

Linoleum -- found out the hard way. lost a huge rental deposit. My cat was sick with kidney failure and shortly before she died she ended up with a kidney infection which caused her to go outside the box. The floor needed to be replaced. never knew she was doing it. I am allergic to animals and can't smell as well as most people. Definitely go with linoleum!

Good luck, Diane

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJanuary 7, 2009
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors