Product FinderConsumer Advice

Buying Pots for Plants

Where can I buy pots for my houseplants? I have not been able to find them in stores, no matter the time of year, and the clerks I have asked look at me as though I am at worst, insane, or at best, completely unreasonable. Meanwhile, the roots of my pothos are growing out the bottom of its pot. I just want to buy a pot, preferably clay, but plastic is okay. Yes, I have looked online, and have found only fancy planters.

Please help!

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Barbara from St. Cloud, MN

I had to same problem a month ago. I found plastic at Dollar General Store. Good Luck.

edie

Try a plant nursery store. Do you have a Home Depot or Lowe's near you? They carry pots. If all else fails, go to the dollar store, get a plastic container, and drill holes in the bottom. I have bought plant pots at JoAnn's, a fabric, hobby, craft store located where I live in western NY.

Our local K-Mart and Wal-Mart both have plenty of flower pots in every size - also, Lowe's and Home Depot.

Try Michaels craft store, they always have clay pots for crafts, I am sure you will be able to fine one there. or try Joanns ect. or any nursery should have some, they may be put away for Christmas, but Iam sure they will have some in the " back room "

Try the Thrift Store and the Goodwill store. You would be amazed at what you can find. I have found some beautiful planters over time. And the Thrift store is usually ran by the Kidney foundation, great prices! So it goes to a good cause too!

Merry Christmas all!

I finally found one at Michael's.

Thank you for all the great suggestions!