ChristmasHoliday

Monogram Ornaments

My daughter and I saw some cute monogram ornaments in a high end gift shop that sold for $7.95 each. My daughter wanted one, so I told her I could make them for pennies. I already had most of the supplies on hand leftover from other projects. I purchased a pack of assorted fun foam sheets at the dollar store. These look great on the tree and would make nice gifts or package ties.

Approximate Time: Less than 30 minutes

• fun foam
  • poster board or thin cardboard
  • piece of ribbon for hanger
  • assorted seed beads, bugle beads, and sequins
  • craft glue
  • scissors

Instructions:

1. If you're good at drawing, you can freehand initials onto cardboard. If not, simply find a font you like on the computer and print out the initials the desired size you like. Mine were approximately 4 inches tall.
  2. Ad

3. Once you print out the initials onto paper, glue them to thin cardboard or poster board. (I used an old file folder. You could use a cereal box, etc.)
  4. Cut out initials from the cardboard and trace around it onto desired color of fun foam. You will need to cut out 2 initials for each ornament for stability.
  5. When gluing the two together, sandwich the ribbon between the two pieces at the top to create a hanger.
  6. Apply a liberal amount of craft glue to the front of the initial. Sprinkle on seed beads, bugle beads, and sequins. Set aside to dry.
  7. By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

Monogram Ornaments

What a darling ornament! Wow! Could use this idea for all kinds of things! Great job!

Maggie in Bloomington, MN

This would make a really cute door decoration for a little or not so little person's room.. You could even spell out the whole first name. such as Lisa's Room..

hi, ive been wanting something like this for my grandaughter's room, shes gonna soon be 5, & im needing to find someone to make me something like this for the bedroom here, would you be interested in making one to sell? the name would be so cute on the wall, also one that would say keep out, girl's only. if you would be interested in making these, id sure love to buy them from you. email me if you can. thanks.