Getting Rid of Maggots in Garage Wall

Maggots from a garbage can that is cracked on the bottom have made their way into the wall between garage and basement. They came out of the wall when strong cleaner was used on the floor and trim. What is an inexpensive way of getting rid of these maggots?

By SWhite3273 from Dryden, NY

I think if you get rid of the trash can with the cracked bottom and clean the area real good with a cleaner the maggots would not have anything to eat to survive.

You might try using borax or washing soda. It is borate based & boric acid kills cockroaches & ants. It sticks to them & dehydrates their bodies. White king D use to make a washing soda like this. I'd get it & sprinkle it over them. Otherwise you'll have to use a spray insecticide.

How about, spraying the entire area with full strength ammonia? Or detergent with a good ratio of ammonia. I once rented a house that I thought harbored a lot of critters and cleaned every surface with detergent and ammonia. The next day, there were dead bugs everywhere!

I also think that if the area is thoroughly cleaned, the maggots will not have anything to live on, and will die. It won't be long either, until they change into flies. I would be concerned if the maggots continue to live in the wall. They have a short life cycle, and then they turn into flies, so if it is a continuing problem, there is something in the wall... maybe a dead body that the maggots are feeding on (Maybe I just watch too much CSI). Actually, I think the problem will solve itself after you have cleaned the area.

Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsJuly 16, 2009
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Preventing Apple Maggots
garage sale
Preparing for a Garage Sale