Red, White and Blueberry Dessert

I made a healthy, low-cal and super-tasty red, white and blue desert for a 4th of July potluck back in the 1980's. My daughter (now grown) still raves about how it's her all-time favorite desert! I made it without a recipe, but if you can make a pie filling then you can make this quick and healthy desert. Here's the basics of how to:

• red = strawberries or raspberries,
  • white = vanilla yogurt (or whipped cream)
  • blue = blueberries
  • thickener - like Knox gelatin or cornstarch
  • sweetener - honey, sugar, Stevia, etc.

You need to thicken the berries with either Knox gelatin or cornstarch (like you are making a pie filling) and add a tiny bit of sweetener. I cooked each of the berries in a separate container.

I stacked the Red, White & Blue ingredients one on top of each other in a glass bowl (so it looked cool from the side) with the blueberries on the bottom, the vanilla yogurt in the middle and the raspberries or strawberries on the top. Lastly I put this into the fridge to set up (like you would Jell-O).

* To keep the calories low, use vanilla yogurt, but if you absolutely hate yogurt you can substitute whipped cream. and if you have a milk allergy (or you love the taste of hydrogenated oil), you can use Cool Whip in place of the yogurt.

By Cyinda

Raspberry Dessert
Raspberry Dessert Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Fruit DessertsJuly 2, 2009
Blueberry Pudding
Blueberry Pudding Recipes
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Blueberry Cobbler
Blueberry Cobbler Recipes
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet