Removing Makeup From Face

What do you use to remove makeup from your face? I use Dove bar soap with a face cloth. Lately, I've noticed that Dove is not removing all the makeup after I wash my face. Sometimes after I wash my face I will get another clean face cloth and wipe my face and more makeup comes off. Do you use something better at removing makeup?

Onesummer

I also use Dove bar soap to wash my face.

I'm retired, so I don't wear makeup every day, but when I do, this is how I wash it off:

1. DO NOT wet your face first.

2. Work up a good lather in your hands.

3. Rub the lather onto your face with your hands.

4. Rinse well.

By not wetting your face or using a washcloth, you won't be diluting the lather. This way, the lather works more like a cleansing cream.

Not knowing what kind of makeup you wear, I can't guarantee this will work for you. But you already have the soap, so it won't cost you anything to try!

Cold cream. Works wonders. Rub it on and wipe it off with tissue.

Another thing to try is to use baby oil or olive oil on a cotton ball first to remove most of it and then wash your face with the Dove soap.

CVS brand cold cream. Cheaper than Ponds. Don't wipe with a tissue, this will pull on your skin. Use a wet cotton pad.

I use different cleaners all the time and some do work better than others. What I notice works for me is using a wash cloth -- gently massage your face with cleanser on and gently, gently use the cloth. the key is gentle :) Also, use a bit of facial scrub when washing, it will renew your skin while removing your makeup -- also be sure to do this gently.

Try witch hazel - it's inexpensive and used as the primary ingredient in a facial cleanser sold by Arbonne.

Here in the UK I use facial cleansing wipes (similar to baby wipes) They remove every trace of make-up, including waterproof mascara. Some even exfoliate. Various companies make them, including Dove. I would have thought these would be available in the States. Regards Jan UK

COLD CREAM I found works the best. just put it right on you face, work all over in circles, wipe off with a face cloth . heavy makeup, just do it twice Then wash your face with Hot water & a good mild soap Dove works great. but for me I like "KISS MY FACE". with olive oil. I have done this for years. I'm 60 years old.

I like witch hazel too. You can add a few drops of essential oil to make it smell better.

You can always use Noxema. It works great. Also, Avon has a lot of different face cleansers. They all remove makeup very well.

Kathy

Jean from Mississippi, has the right idea. You dont want to use a washcloth on your face as it more than likely has germs on it that you dont want to transfer to your face. Wash your hands really well and lather them up with your Dove bar soap. Then, put the lather on your face. It works great.

Also, I am wondering if you would consider not wearing quite as much makeup. Maybe you're just applying too much. Its just a thought.

Warm regards and hugs,

I know it sounds old-fashioned, and I don't even wear makeup anymore, but cold cream always worked for me. Even when I was hanging out in my kids' high school drama department (years ago ,) cold cream was the guaranteed makeup remover. It isn't very expensive, either. Noxzema always worked for me, too.

Olive oil is my favorite. It's the only thing that does not make my eyes sting if some gets in. I have very clean baby sized wash clothes to wipe my face with. I cut them out of big towels that had holes in them.

It may be wierd, but it works!

Londa

Both my dermatologist and ophthalmologist have recently recommended using baby shampoo daily as a facial cleanser/makeup remover. I haven't tried it yet, as I'm using up the last of my old cleanser first, but it's an inexpensive option you could try.

After washing face with soap and water, myself and my two teenage daughters use petroleum jelly on cotton wool to remove eye makeup including black pencil eyeliner and mascara. It works very very well and doesn't sting the eyes. It makes the eye area feel a bit greasy, but as long as you wipe over after you should be fine. My eldest girl wears lenses and she has no problems putting lenses in after as long as she cleans thoroughly. It normally isn't a problem as she removes eye make up in the evenings and puts lenses in in the mornings.

I wear the color stay foundation that is notorious for being hard to remove. I found that the dollar general brand of facial cleanser, that compares with clearasil foaming cleanser, works the best for me. It is in a white tube with blue designs & lettering. It does the job, it is very mild & it only costs $1.00. I actually think it works better than the clearasil. I tried the clearasil & I didn't like the way my face felt afterward. Not only does it work, but I don't have ANY breakouts anymore! Good Luck!

Also, try using a toner or astringent on a clean cotton ball or cotton pad after washing your face. Or use the astringent pads. These help prevent blemishes, and help to get every last trace of makeup off of your skin, just don't use them around your eyes!

I like to use cold cream, it removes it very well. I put some either on a cotton ball or some tissue.

I live in Australia but most of the face cleansers and toners remove make up quite well, except when it comes to eyeliner. Hope this has been a bit of help!

I never put soap on my face to clean makeup off, I use a bath cloth & very warm water. Just rub it lightly. When taking a shower I let the shampoo clean my face, again just rub it lightly. Take care of your face, arms & legs. Some soaps are too harsh for the face. Good luck.

I also use baby oil on a cotton round to take off eye makeup and mascara. Then I use a huggies baby wipe to get the rest off followed by a gentle cleanser to fully wash the face. Works better than anything I've tried and I've worn makeup for at least 60 years.

Woman Removing Makeup
Removing Makeup
Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips RemovalOctober 22, 2008
Mascara
Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric
Young girl with face paint on.
Removing Face Paint From Clothing
Liquid Makeup
Removing Liquid Makeup Stains
Removing Halloween Makeup
Removing Halloween Makeup
🎉
🎄