Wedding Wrap Pattern

I need a little help in finding a pattern for a plus size (3x or 4x) White Wedding Wrap, the kind that you wear around your shoulders with a sleeveless Wedding Dress. It appears simple to make but I'm not sure how or where to start. I do know I would like it to stand up and not be falling down to my elbows all night. If it can be made without a pattern, how do you do it?

SherryKay from Coushatta, LA

I once saw a kind of neat wrap in a cruise ship store.. Basically it was a stole, with cuffs on. This one was made of black velvet and very expensive

You could make one by measuring from wrist to wrist, over your shoulders. Fold the stole in half .You will now have a piece about 60 inches by 12 inches. Sew a seam about 6 inches long on each end of the 60 inches. Turn so raw seam is on inside.

If you are making a white stole, buy white knit cuffs and sew on that opening, stretching the cuffs and easing the stole to fit. If you can't buy white cuffs, buy some fancy white knit fabric and make your own cuffs.

Hope I explained this so you can understand. Maybe you can practice on an old sheet or something.

I found a wrap I enjoy at Go to Projects,- Give the gift of sewing, -for the FRINGED NO PATTERN JACKET. Easy to make and fun to wear. Let us know if this is what you are looking for.

Go to a local fabric store and explain what you want. It would help if you had a picture of what you are trying to create. They should be able to tell you what kind of fabric and point out a pattern, if you need one. They also should have a list of reputable seamstresses in the area, in case you don't sew yourself.

I was just looking for a similar thing, and wound up experimenting with a towel. The one I'm experimenting with is about 48" by 24". Drape it over your shoulders and pin the two corners that come down to the edge along the back. Experiment until it feels right. You could then make a drapey satin wrap the same size and stitch it where the pins are, or use buttons so you could also use it flat. A longer one could have hang down ends.

Weddings DecorationsFebruary 6, 2006
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors