My Yorkie Has An Odor When He Comes Inside

I have a yorkie and when I take him outside and bring him back in, he has a odor. What can I use to get rid of the odor?

Donna from TX

Is he getting into something or perhaps stepping in

his poop? I know doggies odor glands are in the

toes so I would pick him up put him in bath sink

and wash his feet. If your yorkie has long hair that

could be part of it. My Yorkie, Oso, is adorable and we keep his hair short so he looks like a teddy bear

and with his tri-color it is so cute.

Also groomers express the anal glands ; I have no

ideas but I think it helps the odor too?. Good luck.

You can put a tiny bit of vinegar in water to rinse his feet it will remove odor.

I know exactly what you mean. It seems that sometimes when I let my little dog out she comes back in with this odd odor too. It only seems to happen in the summertime when it's really hot outside. I usually just take a baby wipe and wipe her body and feet off and Oust the air. I think it's just a "dog thing" to be honest, sort of like when little boys have that "boy odor" when they come in from playing. Even my husband has that boy odor sometimes!

Most dogs will get an odor when outside more so when very hot out. They do sell products for this and I have in the past used it. Now I keep baby powder handy and sprinkle my dogs (2) when they come in. If it is not just the normal doggie odor it might be the anal glands. Doggies express these sometimes by scouting alone the ground. That has a very bad odor.

Pets DogsAugust 3, 2006
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Removing Mothball Odor from Washing Machine
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch