Wee Ian (Manx)

One night just before lights out in January, I took this photo of 6 month old Wee Ian with my cell phone. Wee Ian is one of my 6 rescued Manx cats. I also live with his half brother Owen, and litter-mate Roslyn.

Wee Ian and his siblings came from a feral Manx mom in the California Central Valley. They were in a high kill shelter and just hours away from euthanasia. Roz and Wee Ian were just 7 weeks, and Owen was 5 months old. Seldom have I belonged to such a sweet, loving cat.

From day one, Wee Ian has had to be in the middle of what every project I am working on, whether it is scooping the litter box, trying to complete a painting, or making the bed. I can't say how many times I've done the dishes with him slung in my arms or over my shoulder, so he could watch.

Wee Ian has almost mastered playing fetch, and he likes to go for walks on a harness with Chloe Claws, also a Manx, and her dog, Willie the Wonder, a Corgi.

By Manxkity

Wow! What a wonderful house you must live in! So much love to give and receive.

May God bless you and your wonderful family.

What a handsome kitty Wee Ian is and he sounds like he is devoted to you. Bless You for taking in these wonderful feline friends.

What a sweetie pie! Bless you for your rescue and big heart.

Thumbs up from me, what a sweet and funny cat! (Gorgeous too!)

I saved your cats picture to my file. What a wonderful pet.

There is something about a rescue pet, be it dog or cat which becomes so special. It's almost like they know you have saved them, and the love they repay you with knows no end. Every one we're ever shared our home with has been the same in that way. Your Wee Ian sounds like just like the ones we've rescued and lived with over the years. Their hearts and minds are so open to love and learning everything about us they can.

I know you are already blessed, so I'll just say "thank you for being you".

Pookarina

Manx Cat
Manx Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesApril 3, 2011
🎄