Less Expensive Treatment for Rosacea

I have been diagnosed with mild Rosacea and prescribed Finacea. I found this to be very expensive and understand I will have to use it forever. Does anyone have experience with treating Rosacea with something less expensive?

By cybergrannie from FL

I don't know about the comparative costs, but I have been using Metrogel for my rosacea for years with good results.

I suggest that you read the blog that I poseted the link for, she suggest a good book that talks about sheap things that work for rosacea.

http://sarasrosaceablog.blogspot.co ... tml?gclid=CPuk45au7ZoCFSRPagodoF7jBg

I have rosacea too. I use Tea Tree Oil soap from Trader Joe's ($3.50 for 2 good size bars). I think it has helped. You can use very diluted tea tree oil on your face also (it has antiseptic properties). Also, certain foods aggravate my rosacea,such as very hot and/or spicey foods, & alcohol. Sitting in the sun also aggravtes my rosacea. I never found that the creams (such as Metrogel) that the dermatologist recommended worked. For a while I was on a daily low dose antibiotic - I am not sure if that worked. One good thing is that my face has gotten better as I get older.

Be sure to read everything on this link including the 'tip' to the right in order to find out what will work best for you I hope you can find your 'triggers' so you won't need to continue using medication.

http://www.skincarephysicians.com/rosaceanet/minimizeflareups.html

Home Remedies for Rosacea
Health & Beauty AdviceMay 31, 2009
Square Foot Gardening
The Basics of Square Foot Gardening
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds, Concerned Boy With Bloody Nose
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds
A woman kneading pizza dough.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipes
Kitchen Window Treatment
Kitchen Window Treatment Color Advice
🎉
🎄