Remedies For Shin Splints

What is the best thing to do for shin splints? I run cross country 7 days a week, and I have a meet in 3 or 4 days. My shins hurt really bad. I've been icing them with frozen peas, it helps but is there anything else out there? Please help soon!

Scott from Missouri Valley, IA

I ran track and cross country in high school and ALWAYS had shin splints. Try taping your shins...x's down the shin and then tape it on each side...hold it with a piece around at top and one at bottom. In addition, for the next few days using your toes, point them outward and by moving your ankle write out the letters of the alphabet. Also, taking a bottle under your arch and rolling it back and forth will help. Try not to rub the actual shin. Good luck...hope it helps!

Sorry to hear about your shin splints - they are painful. My experience with shin splints involved replacing my runners with new ones. The old ones lost their support.

You may not have shin splints. It could be bilateral anterior compartment syndrome. My son had this in his teens, required surgery.

Soak in a hot tub. The hot water draws out the toxins. I used to get shin splints when I danced in college.

Hello serious runner - have you been to Runner's World beginning runner page? A very good treatment of shin splints. It's at newrunner.com. Run on, forever free!

While at your computer tap your toes, it works the muscle in your shins.

I don't know of any short term remedy for this, however to keep it from re occurring, I suggest you up your intake of Calcium. My husband was a Marine who had this problem all the time, and once he started supplementing calcium into his diet, the problem was significantly reduced.

Shin Splints
Remedies for Shin Splints
Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 11, 2008
Shin Jokes
Shin Jokes
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A girl sticking out her tongue.
Remedies for a Sore Tongue
🎉
🎄