Wedding Flower Advice

I have a wedding this December 2006. I'm having some trouble deciding what kind of flowers and color of flowers to use as my center pieces. I was thinking about using cala lilies but I don't know if they would look okay since the colors of my wedding are Aqua and chocolate brown. I also don't want to use white flowers as my bouquet because I don't like the way white flowers look against my ivory gown. If there is anyone that could give me some ideas please do.

Candy from Mercedes TX

Why not use pale aqua and cream or ivory colored flowers in your bouquet?

Callas would provide a nice accent to aqua and chocolate. If you use varying shades (deep to pastel)and varying textures (dull, woven/pebbly, shiny) in your colors, it will provide a nice richness. Too many weddings are "two-toned and flat".

If your colours are aqua and brown, why don't you try using cornflowers for both your centrepieces (little bouquets) and for your bridal bouquet. They are such beautiful little blue flowers. My mother had them for her 2nd wedding and she also had little head wreaths made in corn flowers for the flowers girls (my cousin and I). Too cute!

Cornflower link:

What about edible chocolate centerpieces? I've seen all kinds of stuff made from chocolate at weddings and on a cruise I went on. Maybe you could carry chocolate flowers... or maybe you would end up with chocolate on your dress.

My daughter did her wedding 3 yrs ago and the church was decorated for Christmas, with all kinds of Poinsettias, so we chose the poinsettias but did pastel pink, aqua , silver ivory etc. We used for reception too. They come in big med. and small, most had irridescent sparkle. We found them at Hobby lobby, Michaels' and garden ridge. Spent about 300 on them used terra cotta clay pots painted silver with big ivory colored bows for center pieces. Every one thought we had a professional do the flowers we were proud for sure. Make Christmas work for your wedding remember ivory is winter white.

My wedding is in Sept 2006 and my colors are aqua and chocolate brown as well. I am using cala lilies as my flower too. Nice choice of colors and flowers:) Check out the Captain Rodin cala lilie for your bouquet. I think it would look great with your ivory gown. Congrats and good luck!

You should use Ivory roses with willow sticks to accent the browns. Use ribbons with aqua colors and browns to pull it all together.

Kelly B

July 19, 2011 Flag

We are having a spring wedding. The week after Easter to be exact and the church is filled with lilies and tulips during this time. We have gone with the pink, purple, and green approach because these seemed to be the Easter pastel colors. I have been searching for flowers but I am unsure of what would look good together and the combination to use. Any ideas?

By Bethany

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could also use yellow in that mix. There are roses in all colors, carnations in all colors and they can also be dyed. Irises are also a spring flower, daisies. There are all kinds of flowers in the colors you named. Have you consulted a florist? Basically it is a matter of what you like.

I like pink carnations, irises, there is small one called Siberian Iris, take white carnations and spray with green coloring too if you want. Happy wedding day!

I think I'd mirror what is in the church with lillies & tulips in the same colors but it is a matter of what appeals to you.

February 1, 2006 Flag

My daughter is getting married in May, her colors are apple red and silver with a heart theme. She likes the orange-reddish colored flowers. I am very crafty and plan to do the decorating and making the flower arrangements but I do not want her wedding to look too much like Valentine's or fall. Any ideas on flowers, or centerpiece ideas? We want it to be simple but elegant on a very limited budget!

Kay from North Carolina

Mirror Tiles 02/03/2006
We used mirror tiles on the tables for my wedding centerpieces. We also used silver and red beads (the kind some people use as garland at Christmas) and just spread them around on the mirrors. If you can get some glass vases you could fill them with pretty marbles and arrange your flowers in there. There is also a gel-type stuff that you can get at a Craft Store, you mix it with water and it "grows" and ends up looking like ice. You could put that in the vases. I'd say stock up on as many things as you can from after-Valentine's Day sales. I wouldn't worry about it looking too much like Valentine's Day... this is a great time to get lots of red and hearts for cheap.

Happy day!

By elaia
Affordable Centerpieces 02/03/2006
At my wedding, my mother did the flowers (she's a florist) and decorated the reception. For the tables at the reception, which had white tablecloths on them, she bought a 4-inch wide ribbon in our color (hot pink) and ran it down the length of the table. Then she put bouquets in the center. It was beautiful, elegant, and VERY affordable. We did our entire wedding for $4958.
By sueey (Guest Post)
Tulips and Brandy Goblets 03/17/2006
Since the Wedding is in May, why not use flowers that are in bloom, like tulips. There is a variety that are red-orange in color. Plus then she or you can plant them around her house. When they pop up every year she will have sweet memories of the wedding. It will be a great reminder to for her soon to be husband that their anniversary is soon!I know Wal-mart sells them for $3 - $5 each. A bargain if you priced centerpieces.

You can wrap the base of the container with silver foil.

Another idea for bouquets... use large "Brandy" type goblets (you can purchase these at craft stores for about $2-$4). Fill halfway with water and float a tulip. Tie a Silver Glittery bow around the stem with streamers.

By sburkhart

Wedding table with baby's breath in gold mason jars.
Choosing Wedding Flowers
Weddings FlowersMay 24, 2006
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Flower Girl Smiling in Front of Bride and Groom
Frugal Flower Girl Tips