You Don't Have to Spend $20 for Your Dog's Nails

Seeing the Pediaws on TV made me want to have one for my Chinese pug. She has very sharp claws and for some reason it is her joy to scratch the living day lights out my legs. But it is just my laziness that causes the sharp nails.

If I walk her everyday for about a mile in the morning and a mile at night, her nails are shaved down naturally for free and I get exercised, too. Of course I am trying to walk more than two miles a day anyway. I heard it takes at least 30 miles a week to be beneficial for one's own health.

My uncle has a Husky that I walk and her nails are quite rounded also. I think it is necessary to make sure they walk on a lot of hard surfaces like concrete or asphalt.

By Tim from Science Hill, KY

Many years ago I had a Dalmatian, and we had a very, very long concrete driveway. He ran on it everyday, and that kept his nails trimmed down also.

Don't forget though: walking on hard surfaces too much of the time is really bad for dogs' (especially larger dogs') joints, particularly the knees and hips. I'd rather pay the nail trimming fee than hip or knee surgery for my dog.

The same goes for folks that live on or goes to the beach. Years ago, when a friend's family invited me on a 2 week Gulf coast beach trip with them. It was the best time! We were on the beach every day, all day long. My bare feet were in the best shape they'd ever been in naturally. The sand pumiced off all the dried callouses, etc. Ahhh, such memories! Those were the days!!

I bought that pedipaws and it was a waste of money.My dog hated it .I was scared because it was taking too long to file her nail .i could smell a burning smell .her nail got hot and she started getting fidgety.I stopped and ended up just using the clippers.It was much easier and faster.Later i tried it on my cat and i couldnt get her nail in the hole right because her nail is curved ,it ended up being pointier then when i started.That also ended real fast.It seems much scarier than using clippers.It is just a spinning piece of rough sand paper with only one off/on button w/ fast speed.I live in a rural area with no concrete so i have to clip my animals nails,but if i could i think walking them would be a better idea.

Many have difficulty controlling the animal when attempting to grind the nails or shave the feet. Some because the dog resists when the foot is held, some because the legs are arthritic and ache, some due to it being done while holding the foot incorrectly, and others simply because the pet just doesn't like the vibration grinding causes. A Dremel does a good job when used at a moderate speed with wider bands with a on and off touch to prevent over heating the nails kwik and causing pain. A CLIPPIN' SLING (note the spelling) found on GOOGLE, makes the whole job simple and safe regardless of the animals temperament.

Trimming Your Dog's Nails, A person using dog nail trimmers.
Trimming Your Dog's Nails
Health & Beauty Fitness ExerciseDecember 11, 2008
Dog with Long Nails Getting them Trimmed
Helping a Dog with Long Nails
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Red Acrylic Nails
Removing Acrylic Nails
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
🎉
🎄