Securing Patterns Without Pins

Forget the pins! Instead, secure the "dress" (sewing) pattern to the top of the fabric by weighing it down with butter knives (Mom's favorite) or paperback books (mine). It's faster, and easy to "smooth out".

By Vonda

GREAT idea! Thanks!

This idea is not only great, but I know that it does work. I know this because my Grandmother, which is long deceased now did this when cutting patterns. She was a wonderful seamstress, and also the one that taught me to sew when I was just a child. I still sew to this day which is 40 years later, but had really forgotten until I read this about using the butter knives. So again, it does work, and it works well..Thanks for the memory tooooo.......Kathy

Crafts SewingAugust 23, 2006
Push Pins
Alternatives to Push Pins
push pins on a bulletin board
Substitutes for Push Pins
Making Fabric Pins
Making Fabric Pins
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews